GOROKA FESTIVAL - CULTURAL SHOW
Day 1 (18.09.2020) Goroka
Welcome to Papua New Guinea. Arrive into Goroka, the heart of the Eastern Highlands. Upon arrival transfer to your accommodation. Check in and free time. (D)
Recommended flight: TBA
Day 2 (19.09.2020) Goroka Festival
After breakfast depart for the showgrounds where the Goroka Festival will take place. The Goroka Show is an annual festival that has been taking place since the 50’s. This fantastic event presents the opportunity for visitors to witness different tribes from all over the country who gather to display their culture, song and dance in rich colourful costumes, headpieces and magnificently painted bodies.
Once the show winds down for the afternoon we visit Asaro Village. Witness the famous Asaro Mudmen present a cultural performance. The Asaro Mudmen are famous for wearing fierce looking masks, with their bodies covered in white mud which made them look like ghosts emerging from the morning mist, when attacking their rival tribes.
After the sing sing visit the “Mens Haus” and take a stroll through the village, mingling with the locals. Return to your accommodation and free time. Packed lunch provided to take to the show. (B,L,D)
Day 3 (20.09.2020) Goroka Festival
Enjoy the second day of the Goroka Festival today. Take in all the song and dance the local Highlanders have to offer. Early afternoon we transfer to Kennedi Village for an afternoon spent with the locals. Try your hand at archery, see a traditional sing-sing and help prepare a traditional lunch, called Mumu, where food is placed in the ground, covered by hot rocks and banana leaves. Return to your accommodation late afternoon. Free time. (B,L,D)
Day 4 (21.09.2020) Goroka – Port Moresby
Check out by 10am. Today is the end of the tour. Transfer to the airport for your outbound flight from PNG. Optionally choose to travel to another region of Papua New Guinea. (B)
- Accommodation is subject to change pending availability. No reservations are in place and rooms are not being held.
- The above itinerary takes you into some very remote and isolated regions of Papua New Guinea. Although all arrangements are made to ensure the safety and smooth running of the tour clients travel at their own risk and No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any losses, accidents, injury or any other personal misfortune, which may occur during the duration of the tour.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any injuries, damages, disabilities or death.
- If applicable: Recommended dive level is OWD.
- The above itinerary is subject to change at any time, including during the duration of the tour. Possible causes for change are unpredictable forces such as weather, local issues such as land disputes, political unrest and the like. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for such changes, but will attempt – where possible – to offer an alternative route to make up for any losses.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility in any delays, which may lead to missed flights. In any such case clients will be able to claim any losses through their personal travel insurance.
- If applicable: boats hired to travel on the Sepik River may not carry any safety equipment.
- Alcohol: bottles of strong alcohol such as vodka, whisky etc. are difficult to purchase. We recommend buying your own duty-free before entering PNG. Drinks can be bought at bars.
- Visas to Papua New Guinea are required and can be obtained at the airport on arrival in Port Moresby. Citizens of certain countries must get their visa prior to traveling to PNG. Each participant is responsible for checking his/her visa requirements and application.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended including evacuation cover.
- It is recommended that international and domestic flights be booked as one ticket.
- Participants are advised to be in reasonable physical condition when traveling to Papua New Guinea.
- There is a certain level of patience required for PNG, as everything happens at a slow pace and is not always based on the time of day, the time on your ticket, or arranged meeting.
- Each participant will be obliged to sign a legal liability disclaimer prior to commencing the tour
By paying a deposit the participants confirm they understand the risks involved.
Payment terms and cancellation policy:
- 40% deposit required at the time of booking (if more than 31 days out from tour commencement)
- Full payment required no later than 42 days prior to tour commencement
- Cancellations made inside 30 days of tour commencement will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 31 – 60 days of travel will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 61 – 90 days of travel will incur a 20% cancellation fee
- No refunds in case of no shows
NO LIMIT ADVENTURES Pty. Ltd.
- Recognised Inbound Tour Operator for PNG and Wantok Specialist by the PNG Tourism Promotion Authority
- Official member of the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea Inc.
- Official member of the PNG Dive Association
Clients traveling with No Limit Adventures are made aware of any risks related to participating in activities on tour and the availability of medical and evacuation services, especially when traveling in remote areas, however participate at their own risk. Although safety is No Limit Adventures’ primary priority no responsibility will be taken for any accident, injury, loss or misfortune while on any trip. As an Inbound Tour Operator No Limit Adventures will use the services of local tour, transport and accommodation operators/ providers. In cases where the contracted 3rd party fails to provide the service No Limit Adventures will do everything possible to organize an alternate to fill this part of the tour. Any losses in such cases can be claimed on personal travel insurance, but No Limit Adventures cannot be held accountable, responsible or liable for any associated losses. Payment for a trip means the client understands and accepts these conditions.
Price: AUD3790 per person
(Price based on min. 4/ max. 14 persons | Price subject to change)
Single Supplement: AUD490
- Accommodation in twin/ double rooms:
- Goroka, 2*
- Meals included in the program (B,L,D)
- Private transfers incl. fuel
- Village entry fees
- Goroka Show entry fee
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Local guides
- Tour Leader from No Limit Adventures
- No Limit Adventures coordination and assistance
Price does not include:
- International and domestic flights
- POM – GKA – POM
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Excess baggage
- Optional activities