Venture into the PNG Highlands and experience the colorful Mount Hagen Show. The Mount Hagen Show is an annual event and showcases Papua New Guinea’s culture, song and dance with a gathering of PNG tribes from all over the country. This is a massive sing-sing in the western highlands showcasing the cultural diversity in PNG.
Experience one of the biggest cultural festivals in Papua New Guinea – the Mount Hagen Cultural Festival. The Mount Hagen Show brings together hundreds of tribesmen and women showcasing the local Papua New Guinea culture.
Initially the Mount Hagen Show was first staged in the 1960’s as an event to unite the tribes in the western highlands region. It has now become a world-famous cultural event with tourists converging to experience this unique festival.
Our Mount Hagen Show packages are tailored journeys of discovery taking you deep into the highlands of Papua New Guinea.
Join us in Papua New Guinea and enjoy the Mount Hagen Cultural Festival held in August each year. Combine your visit in Mount Hagen with another region of Papua New Guinea.
MOUNT HAGEN SHOW 20235-day small group tour
- 17 – 21 August 2023
- Price based on min. 2 persons traveling
- Single Supplement AUD$950
- Accommodation is at Premium rates during the Mount Hagen Show
Sample 5-DAY ITINERARY
Day 1 (17.08.2023) Mount Hagen
Welcome to Papua New Guinea. Arrive into Mount Hagen town, the heart of the Western Highlands. Upon arrival transfer to your accommodation. Check in and free time to unwind. (D)
Day 2 (18.08.2023) Mount Hagen/ Payia Mini-Show
After breakfast transfer to Payia Village for the Payia mini show. You will be welcomed by the chief and his wives and then experience various sing-sing groups performing their traditional song and dance. You will also have the chance to see the performers preparing including their face painting, body decoration and headpieces. Lunch will be a traditional mumu – an earth oven where food is placed on hot rocks and covered in banana leaves. Once the show winds down return to your accommodation and free time. (B,L)
Day 3 (19.08.2023) Mount Hagen Cultural Festival
Early breakfast and transfer to the Mount Hagen Showgrounds. The Hagen Festival is one of the biggest in Papua New Guinea and showcases many sing sing groups from the Highlands and other parts of PNG. It is a full day of culture, mingling with performers, learning about cultures and capturing amazing images. Return to your accommodation late afternoon. Free time. (B,L)
Day 4 (20.09.2023) Mount Hagen Festival
The Hagen Cultural Festival continues… Transfer to the showgrounds and enjoy the performances until the festival ends early afternoon. Enjoy some local sightseeing before returning to your accommodation. (B,L)
Day 5 (21.08.2023) Mount Hagen – Port Moresby
Check out and transfer to Hagen Domestic Airport. Today is the end of the tour. Transfer to the airport for your outbound domestic flight.
Optionally choose to travel to another remote and unique region of Papua New Guinea. (B)
MOUNT HAGEN SHOW 2023:
- Accommodation in 3* hotel (twin/ double rooms) – hotel is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Meals included in the program (B,L,D)
- Private transfers incl. fuel
- Village entry fees
- Mount Hagen Show entry fee
- Activities mentioned in the program
- Local guides
- No Limit Adventures coordination and assistance
GOROKA SHOW TOUR 2022:
- International and domestic flights
POM – HGU – POM
- Travel insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
- Excess baggage
- Optional activities
- Accommodation is subject to change pending availability. No reservations are in place and rooms are not being held.
- The above itinerary takes you into some very remote and isolated regions of Papua New Guinea. Although all arrangements are made to ensure the safety and smooth running of the tour clients travel at their own risk and No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any losses, accidents, injury or any other personal misfortune, which may occur during the duration of the tour.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any injuries, damages, disabilities or death.
- If applicable: Recommended dive level is OWD.
- The above itinerary is subject to change at any time, including during the duration of the tour. Possible causes for change are unpredictable forces such as weather, local issues such as land disputes, political unrest and the like. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for such changes, but will attempt – where possible – to offer an alternative route to make up for any losses.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility in any delays, which may lead to missed flights. In any such case clients will be able to claim any losses through their personal travel insurance.
- If applicable: boats hired to travel on the Sepik River may not carry any safety equipment.
- Alcohol: bottles of strong alcohol such as vodka, whisky etc. are difficult to purchase. We recommend buying your own duty-free before entering PNG. Drinks can be bought at bars.
- Visas to Papua New Guinea are required and can be obtained at the airport on arrival in Port Moresby. Citizens of certain countries must get their visa prior to traveling to PNG. Each participant is responsible for checking his/her visa requirements and application.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended including evacuation cover.
- It is recommended that international and domestic flights be booked as one ticket.
- Participants are advised to be in reasonable physical condition when traveling to Papua New Guinea.
- There is a certain level of patience required for PNG, as everything happens at a slow pace and is not always based on the time of day, the time on your ticket, or arranged meeting.
- Each participant will be obliged to sign a legal liability disclaimer prior to commencing the tour
NO LIMIT ADVENTURES Pty. Ltd.
- Recognised Inbound Tour Operator for PNG and Wantok Specialist by the PNG Tourism Promotion Authority
- Official member of the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea Inc.
- Official member of the PNG Dive Association
Clients traveling with No Limit Adventures are made aware of any risks related to participating in activities on tour and the availability of medical and evacuation services, especially when traveling in remote areas, however participate at their own risk. Although safety is No Limit Adventures’ primary priority no responsibility will be taken for any accident, injury, loss or misfortune while on any trip. As an Inbound Tour Operator No Limit Adventures will use the services of local tour, transport and accommodation operators/ providers. In cases where the contracted 3rd party fails to provide the service No Limit Adventures will do everything possible to organize an alternate to fill this part of the tour. Any losses in such cases can be claimed on personal travel insurance, but No Limit Adventures cannot be held accountable, responsible or liable for any associated losses. Payment for a trip means the client understands and accepts these conditions.
Payment terms and cancellation policy:
- 40% deposit required at the time of booking (if more than 31 days out from tour commencement)
- $500 is non-refundable – Please take out a fully comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy prior to booking.
- Full payment required no later than 42 days prior to tour commencement
- Cancellations made inside 30 days of tour commencement will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 31 – 60 days of travel will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 61 – 90 days of travel will incur a 20% cancellation fee
- No refunds in case of no shows
Join us on our Papua New Guinea Cultural Festivals packages.
Discover the Western Highlands and the Mount Hagen Show in Papua New Guinea.
Tailored, guided, exclusive private and small group tours.
Contact us to book your spot or for more details