NORTH QUEENSLAND HOLIDAY
Have you experienced the beauty of tropical North Queensland?
Have you snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef?
Have you visited the oldest rainforest in the world?
Ever been to the Whitsundays and one of the most beautiful beaches in the world?
If you haven’t then this trip is probably for you…
Discover your own backyard on this 7-day Cairns to Airlie Beach road trip.
Welcome to your North Queensland holiday!
Travel with us on our small group North Queensland Adventure from Cairns to Airlie Beach. Discover some of the highlights this region offers including amazing nature, stunning views, wildlife and local food & wine. Explore tropical beaches, lush rainforests, waterfalls and of course the picturesque Whitsunday Islands on this small group tour between Cairns and Airlie Beach.
While you are on our guided Far North Queensland holiday you will get to see two World Heritage areas firsthand – the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. You will actually see the only place where the two World Heritage areas meet, which is where the rainforest meets the reef. The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest rainforest in the world, home to many endemic species of flora and fauna and is tens of thousands of years older than the Amazon. It is also one of David Attenborough’s favorite places! The Great Barrier Reef really needs no introduction – amazing, resilient national and global treasure, visited by millions of people each year. Spend a day aboard one of Cairns’ funkiest catamarans, Passions of Paradise and explore the underwater world. Snorkel, swim or try scuba diving on a fun-filled day.
Travel south to a quiet little coastal town called Mission Beach, located on the Cassowary Coast. En route stop at and enjoy a refreshing swim at one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the region and keep an eye out for the endangered Cassowary, the dinosaur bird that goes back to the time of Gondwana. The area is a popular breeding ground for this bird. Relax and stay at Castaways Resort, beachfront accommodation offering the ideal setting to unwind on the beach or by the pool.
Airlie Beach is the heart and gateway to the Whitsunday Islands. Stay at a secluded resort just outside of Airlie Beach, where you can enjoy the serenity away from the crowds. Discover the Whitsunday Islands on the award-winning day tour Thundercat. Snorkel, swim, relax and end the tour with one of the most amazing views in the world at Hill Inlet on Whitehaven Beach.
Our tour is a boutique, guided small-group adventure aimed at adventurous travelers, looking to travel with like-minded people. Whether you are traveling solo, as a couple or with a group of friends this tour of North Queensland is for you. Make new friends, see amazing places, have fun by day, sleep well at night!
Visit your own backyard and discover the North Queensland region between Cairns and Airlie Beach on our guided, small group adventure tour.
Sometimes the best holiday spots can be found closer to home than you think.
North Queensland holiday, small group tour , 30s group travel
Do you want to travel in a small group of like-minded people?
Don’t like group travel? Prefer to travel solo? We can arrange this itinerary as a self-drive package.
Price & DeparturesPer person, pending availability
- Tour on request with min. 6 persons
- Self-drive option available
- 2021 dates coming soon
NORTH QUEENSLAND HOLIDAY - CAIRNS TO AIRLIE BEACH ROAD TRIP
Welcome to Cairns, the capital of Far North Queensland and gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Your North Queensland holiday starts with a meet & greet and briefing at the hotel. After meeting your fellow adventurers enjoy a relaxing short city walk along the Esplanade and through the heart of town. Cairns is a small, slow-paced city and the atmosphere is relaxed. During the walk we stop in at the local gin distillery. Wolf Lane Distillery produces award-winning gins and liqueurs and you will be given a tour of the distillery and a taste of some of their amazing drinks. After the tasting we take a short stroll to Cairns’ biggest craft beer brewery for a beer tasting. We end the first day with a welcome dinner at one of Cairns’ oldest and most popular restaurants. (D)
Spend a day in the Daintree National Park, World Heritage listed area and the oldest rainforest in the world. Enjoy a day full of spectacular views, incredible nature and wildlife.
Drive along one of Australia’s most scenic routes – the Great Barrier Reef Drive then take a walk through the beautiful rainforest, a refreshing dip in a freshwater creek, spot some saltwater crocodiles, admire the beaches and views, enjoy a freshly made BBQ lunch and taste some local organic ice cream. All this in one day! (B,L)
Depart early morning for an awesome day on the Great Barrier Reef. We cruise out in style on a catamaran and travel to two unique sites on the reef. Enjoy snorkeling, swimming and lazing on the deck or try scuba diving – no experience necessary if you are not certified (this activity is an optional extra, but highly recommended). While you are having fun the crew will prepare a wholesome lunch, which is served on board. Return to Cairns just in time for Happy Hour! (B,L)
We depart Cairns after breakfast and head south. Our first stop is Josephine Falls, a beautiful cascade waterfall rated amongst one of the most beautiful in North Queensland. After a short walk through the rainforest you get to enjoy a refreshing swim in the crystal clear water. One of the highlights is the natural waterslide. We continue our journey to Mission Beach driving south along the sugar cane fields and banana plantations. Before arriving at our destination we stop to enjoy another amazing rainforest walk, which takes you through a rare fan palm forest in the Cassowary Coast area. The area is also a known habitat for cassowaries, so keep your eye out for this beautiful bird whilst walking through the rainforest.
Mission Beach is a small beachside town catering for relaxing getaways. Enjoy the beachfront setting of Castaways Resort and relax by the pool or take a stroll on the beach. The rest of the afternoon is at leisure. (B)
Today there is a bit of driving, but with good music and fun conversation the time will pass quickly.
We say goodbye to Castaways resort and depart Mission Beach after an early breakfast. We stop at Frosty Mango (approx. 2 hours from Mission Beach), a popular stop on this stretch of road. Take a walk through the display orchard, taste some local fruits, try the delicious smoothies or ice creams. This is also our lunch stop. Continue to Airlie Beach after lunch, arriving mid-afternoon at our tropical hideaway and home for the next couple of nights.
Relax and enjoy the tranquility, try out the Stand-up paddle boards and kayaks, have a swim in the big pool, sit in the spa or relax on the beach with a refreshing beverage. (B,D)
Whitehaven Beach is one of most beautiful beaches in Australia, if not the world and today brings you up close and personal with its unspoilt, natural beauty. Located on the largest island in the Whitsundays – Whitsunday Island, Whitehaven Beach will amaze you with the fusion of colors at Hill Inlet. Whitehaven Beach also boasts white silica sand, the purest in the world.
Depart Paradise Cove in the morning onboard Thundercat, a fast catamaran that will whisk you out to the Whitsundays in no time. Before you know it you will be snorkeling on the fringing reefs at two locations and visiting the famous Whitehaven Beach, with an amazing lunch prepared for you by the crew. Return to Paradise Cove late afternoon and enjoy sunset on the beach. (B,L,D)
Today is the end of your North Queensland Adventure. We finish off our stay at Paradise Cove with breakfast before departing the resort. Choose to extend your stay in Airlie Beach or fly out from Proserpine Airport.
Alternatively you can travel back to Cairns on the bus with your guide. (B)
Thank you and safe onwards journey!
- Accommodation in double/ twin rooms:
- Cairns, Riley Crystalbrook or similar (3 nights)
- Mission Beach, Castaways Resort or similar (1 night)
- Airlie Beach, Paradise Cove Resort or similar (2 nights)
- Meals as noted in program (B,L,D)
- Transport between Cairns and Airlie Beach by private mini-bus
- Airport transfers in Cairns on arrival
- Tours and activities unless listed as optional:
- Cairns City walking tour including a visit at Wolf Lane Distillery and Hemmingways Bewery. Gin and beer tasting included.
- Full day Daintree National park tour including lunch, 1-hour Daintree River cruise and all National Park fees
- Full day cruise to the Great Barrier Reef including snorkelling equipment + wetsuit/ stingersuit
- Visit to Josephine Falls and the Licuala Walk
- Full day Whitsunday Islands boat trip
- No Limit Adventures driver-guide/ tour leader
- No Limit Adventures coordination and arrangement of the whole trip
- International or domestic flights to/ from Cairns
- Airport transfers in Airlie Beach/ Proserpine
- Personal travel insurance
- Optional activities
- Meals not listed in the program
- Drinks and alcohol
- Mini-bar, WIFI and other extras at hotels
- Personal expenses
- A trip is guaranteed with min. 4 persons
- Max. 12 persons per group plus your guide
- All participants should arrive before 15.00 on day 1
- Single room upgrade available. Single supplement cost applies: AUD950.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any losses, accidents, injury or any other personal misfortune, which may occur during the duration of the tour.
- The above itinerary is subject to change at any time, including during the duration of the tour. Possible causes for change are unpredictable forces such as weather, local issues such as land disputes, political unrest and the like.
- Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for such changes, but will attempt – where possible – to offer an alternative route to make up for any losses.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility in any delays that may lead to missed flights. In any such case the clients will be able to claim any losses through their personal travel insurance.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended including evacuation cover.
- Although this is a soft adventure tour participants are advised to be in reasonable physical condition as activities such as swimming, light walking, snorkeling are a part of the itinerary.
- Each participant will be obliged to sign a legal liability disclaimer prior to commencing the tour. We reserve the right to deny participation if you do not sign the waiver.
- By joining this tour you are supporting independent, locally-owned and operated travel businesses
- 35% deposit required at the time of booking
- Full payment must be made no later than 31 days before program commencement
- No refunds inside 31 days of program commencement
- Cancellations made within 32 – 60 days will incur a 35% cancellation fee of total price
- No shows will incur 100% cancellation fee
Clients traveling with No Limit Adventures are made aware of any risks related to participating in activities on tour and the availability of medical and evacuation services, especially when traveling in remote areas, however participate at their own risk. Although safety is No Limit Adventures’ primary priority no responsibility will be taken for any accident, injury, loss or misfortune while on any trip. As an Inbound Tour Operator No Limit Adventures will use the services of local tour, transport and accommodation operators/ providers. In cases where the contracted 3rd party fails to provide the service No Limit Adventures will do everything possible to organize an alternate to fill this part of the tour. Any losses in such cases can be claimed on personal travel insurance, but No Limit Adventures cannot be held accountable, responsible or liable for any associated losses. Payment for a trip means the client understands and accepts these conditions.
- No Limit Adventures reserves the right to cancel any departure up to 30 days before the commencement date.
- This tour will be guaranteed to depart once a minimum of four (4) fully paid travellers are confirmed.
- Should we cancel the trip deposits will be credited or refunded in such an instance.
- In case of a trip being cancelled by a Force Majeure Event results we can either offer a credit of 110% of any money paid or a refund, minus unrecoverable costs.
- In the case a trip is cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event after a trip has commenced we can offer either a credit for 110% for the days remaining on the disrupted trip or a refund minus unrecoverable costs of the days remaining of the disrupted trip.
- Any credit offered is not redeemable for cash.
- A Force Majeure Event is an event outside of the control of No Limit Adventures and includes, but is not limited to: acts of God, war, civil unrest, riots, natural disasters such as fires, cyclones, floods, earthquakes, epidemics or pandemics or any other health emergency, any other act of any government authority, which would make it dangerous or not viable for a trip to commence or continue.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any travel arrangements made outside of the inclusions of the North Queensland holiday between Cairns and Airlie Beach such as flight bookings, visa costs, pre or post tour accommodation and the like.