Escape to Tufi for an unforgettable experience in remote Papua New Guinea.
Day 1 Port Moresby – Tufi (Wednesday)
Welcome to Papua New Guinea.
Arrive in Port Moresby, the capital of the Land of the Unexpected, and connect to Tufi. After a short flight you can enjoy the wonderful tropical setting. Tufi Resort is located in Oro Province on top of a cape overlooking the deep fjords and mountains covered with dense rainforest. Upon arrival check in to your room, enjoy the resort and simply relax by the pool, taking in the tranquillity. (D)
Day 2 Tufi
Wake up to a free day.
Choose to relax and do nothing or enjoy various optional activities including snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and SUP as well as a range of rainforest walks. Activities should be booked in advance. Tufi is known for its diving and the resort offers a variety of diving experiences. (B,L,D)
Day 3 + 4 Village Stay
Over the next 2 days you will experience a cultural immersion. Travel to one of the nearby villages and live with the locals. The village eco-guest houses are a great way to experience the culture and traditional way of life. Explore with the local fishermen, go snorkeling and catch a fresh lobster for dinner and help the village people prepare your meal, the traditional way. Observe the time-honored ways of sago making, face and body tattooing, canoe construction, string bag and rope and fish net weaving. Experience their colorful dancing and their spellbound rituals. Be memorized by their colorful plumed head dress and their tapa cloth designs. Listen to the stories told by the elders that have been the Tufi cultural foundation for centuries. Mix and live with the friendliest people in the South Pacific.
Return to TUFI Resort late afternoon on day 4. Free time. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Tufi (Sunday)
Enjoy a free day to relax, swim or to take part in optional activities. On Sundays Tufi Resort arranges a cultural tour to one of the nearby villages followed by a beach BBQ. This can be arranged with the resort staff and is highly recommended. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Tufi – Port Moresby
It is time to say good-bye to everyone at Tufi as you prepare for your travels back to Port Moresby. Board your flight to Port Moresby and depart this amazing place full of memories. Arrival in Port Moresby and own onwards travel arrangements. (B)
- TUFI Resort, Standard Room, 4 nights total
- Village stay, traditional accommodation, 1 night incl. mattress, sheets & mosquito nets
- Meals as per program (B,L,D)
- Return boat transfers to/ from village
- No Limit Adventures arrangement and coordination
- International and domestic flights
- Pre/ post tour accommodation (if required)
- Optional activities, not stipulated in the program
- Meals and beverages not included in the program
- Costs of personal nature
- Scuba diving
- Personal Travel insurance
- Accommodation is subject to change pending availability. No reservations have been made and rooms are not being held.
- TUFI is reachable with PNG Air. Flights operate Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- The above itinerary takes you into some very remote and isolated regions of Papua New Guinea. Although all arrangements are made to ensure the safety and smooth running of the tour clients travel at their own risk. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any losses, accidents, injury or any other personal misfortune, which may occur during the duration of the tour.
- The above itinerary is subject to change at any time, including during the duration of the tour. Possible causes for change are unpredictable forces such as weather, local issues such as land disputes, political unrest and the like. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for such changes, but will attempt – where possible – to offer an alternative route to make up for any losses.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility in any delays that may lead to missed flights. In any such case the clients will be able to claim any losses through their personal travel insurance.
- Recommended dive level is min. OWD.
- Alcohol: bottles of strong alcohol such as vodka, whisky etc. are difficult to purchase. We recommend buying your own duty-free. Beers, wine and spirits are available at most bars.
- Visas to Papua New Guinea are required and, in some cases – depending on nationality, can be obtained upon arrival (VOA). Each participant is responsible for checking his/her visa requirements and application.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended including evacuation cover.
- Participants are advised to be in reasonable physical condition when traveling to Papua New Guinea.
- There is a certain level of patience required for PNG, as everything happens at a slow pace and is not always based on the time of day, the time on your ticket, or arranged meeting.
- Each participant will be obliged to sign a legal liability disclaimer prior to commencing the tour
By paying a deposit the participants confirm they understand the risks involved.
Payment terms and cancellation policy:
- 30% deposit required at the time of booking (if more than 31 days out from tour commencement)
- Full payment required no later than 42 days prior to tour commencement
- Cancellations made inside 30 days of tour commencement will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 31 – 60 days of travel will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 61 – 90 days of travel will incur a 20% cancellation fee
- No refunds in case of no shows
AUD$1690 per person based on 2 persons traveling together (Twin/ double share)
Single supplement: AUD$390
(Prices are subject to change | Prices valid until March 31 2020)
NO LIMIT ADVENTURES Pty. Ltd.
- Recognised Inbound Tour Operator for PNG and Wantok Specialist by the PNG Tourism Promotion Authority
- Official member of the Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea Inc.
- Official member of the PNG Dive Association