Escape to Tufi for an unforgettable experience in remote Papua New Guinea.
Escape to Tufi Resort, located remotely in the Oro Province of Papua New Guinea. Tufi is a boutique resort and is situated on the peninsula of Cape Nelson. It is surrounded by the famous PNG “fjords”. The fjords were created by a giant volcanic eruption and provide amazing views from the resort. Tufi Resort offers world-class scuba diving year round as well as activities and tours to cater for all interests. Divers will experience a wide diversity of marine life and have the option of fjord, reef or wreck dives. If you are not diving enjoy some sea kayaking, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, village visits or stays, cultural activities or opt to go deep sea fishing.
- Price based on 2 persons traveling together
- Single supplement AUD$450
Port Moresby – TUFI
Welcome to Papua New Guinea.
Arrive in Port Moresby, the capital of the Land of the Unexpected, and connect to Tufi. After a short flight you can enjoy the wonderful tropical setting. Tufi Resort is located in Oro Province on top of a cape overlooking the deep fjords and mountains covered with dense rainforest. Upon arrival check in to your room, enjoy the resort and simply relax by the pool, taking in the tranquility. (D)
Day 2 TUFI
Wake up to a free day. Choose to relax and do nothing or enjoy various optional activities including snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and SUP as well as a range of rainforest walks. Activities should be booked in advance. Tufi is known for its diving and the resort offers a variety of diving experiences. (B,L,D)
Day 3 & 4 Village Stay
Over the next 2 days you will experience a cultural immersion. Travel to one of the nearby villages and live with the locals. The village eco-guest houses are a great way to experience the culture and traditional way of life. Explore with the local fishermen, go snorkeling and catch a fresh lobster for dinner and help the village people prepare your meal, the traditional way. Observe the time-honored ways of sago making, face and body tattooing, canoe construction, string bag and rope and fish net weaving. Experience their colorful dancing and their spellbound rituals. Be memorized by their colorful plumed head dress and their tapa cloth designs. Listen to the stories told by the elders that have been the Tufi cultural foundation for centuries. Mix and live with the friendliest people in the South Pacific.
Return to TUFI Resort late afternoon on day 4. Free time. (B,L,D)
Day 5 TUFI (Sunday)
Enjoy a free day to relax, swim or to take part in optional activities. On Sundays Tufi Resort arranges a cultural tour to one of the nearby villages followed by a beach BBQ. This can be arranged with the resort staff and is highly recommended. (B,L,D)
Day 6 TUFI – Port Moresby
It is time to say good-bye to everyone at Tufi as you prepare for your travels back to Port Moresby. Board your flight to Port Moresby and depart this amazing place full of memories. Arrival in Port Moresby and own onwards travel arrangements. (B)
- TUFI Resort, Standard Room, 4 nights total
- Village stay, traditional accommodation, 1 night incl. mattress, sheets & mosquito nets
- Meals as per program (B,L,D)
- Return boat transfers to/ from village
- No Limit Adventures arrangement and coordination
- International and domestic flights
- Pre/ post tour accommodation (if required)
- Optional activities, not stipulated in the program
- Meals and beverages not included in the program
- Costs of personal nature
- Scuba diving
- Personal Travel insurance
- This offer is valid until the end of March 2021 pending availability of spaces
- Packages can be tailored according to individual requirements
- Optional activities available on request
- Package based on 2 persons traveling together
- Accommodation is subject to change pending availability. No reservations have been made and rooms are not being held.
- TUFI is reachable with PNG Air. Flights operate Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- The above itinerary takes you into some very remote and isolated regions of Papua New Guinea. Although all arrangements are made to ensure the safety and smooth running of the tour clients travel at their own risk. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for any losses, accidents, injury or any other personal misfortune, which may occur during the duration of the tour.
- The above itinerary is subject to change at any time, including during the duration of the tour. Possible causes for change are unpredictable forces such as weather, local issues such as land disputes, political unrest and the like. No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility for such changes, but will attempt – where possible – to offer an alternative route to make up for any losses.
- No Limit Adventures takes no responsibility in any delays that may lead to missed flights. In any such case the clients will be able to claim any losses through their personal travel insurance.
- Recommended dive level is min. OWD.
- Alcohol: bottles of strong alcohol such as vodka, whisky etc. are difficult to purchase. We recommend buying your own duty-free. Beers, wine and spirits are available at most bars.
- Visas to Papua New Guinea are required and, in some cases – depending on nationality, can be obtained upon arrival (VOA). Each participant is responsible for checking his/her visa requirements and application.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is highly recommended including evacuation cover.
- Participants are advised to be in reasonable physical condition when traveling to Papua New Guinea.
- There is a certain level of patience required for PNG, as everything happens at a slow pace and is not always based on the time of day, the time on your ticket, or arranged meeting.
- Each participant will be obliged to sign a legal liability disclaimer prior to commencing the tour.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- 30% deposit required to secure place
- Full payment must be made no later than 42 days before program commencement
- No refunds inside 42 days of program commencement
- Cancellations made within 42 – 60 days will incur a 50% cancellation fee of total price
- Cancellations made outside 61 days will be charged an administration fee of AUD$150
- No shows will incur 100% cancellation fee