Surf trip to Vanimo
Travel to the last frontier of surfing – Papua New Guinea, one of the most remote and undiscovered surf destinations. Take a surf trip to Vanimo and stay at a PNG surf camp with waves breaking at your doorstep.
Vanimo is PNG’s premier surf spot with plenty of waves on offer and a guarantee of no crowds. Stay at Vanimo Surf Lodge, a PNG surf camp located right on the beach, with accommodation in traditional huts sleeping 3-4 people. There are a number of surf breaks available exclusively to the surf camp, the closest – a peeling right, straight out front from the camp and other breaks in close distance to Vanimo Surf Lodge. Most surf breaks in Vanimo are over reef and suit surfers of all levels.
With a maximum of 16 surfers in camp this means that on most days you will be lucky to surf with any more than 4 people. We are sure you will be surfed out after your Vanimo surf trip.
Accommodation in beachfront bungalows, 4-share (share facilities), 7 nights
3 meals and 1,5l of water per day
Airport transfers in Vanimo
1 surf transfer daily (truck)
Surf levies paid to the local community ($15/ surfer per day)
One-off $50 PNG Surfing Association fee
Max. 16 surfers in camp.
- 30% deposit required to secure spot
- Full payment required no later than 42 days before travel date
- If booking is made within 42 days of travel full payment is required
- No refunds within 30 days of tour commencement
- Cancellations made within 31 – 42 days will incur 25% cancellation fee
- No shows will incur 100% cancellation fee
- No refunds or name changes permitted for flights once confirmed and ticketed
There are daily connections to Vvanimo from Cairns and Brisbane with Air Niugini. Kavieng can be reached on the same day when traveling from Cairns or Brisbane. The below flight connections are possible:
- Cairns – Vanimo– Cairns via Port Moresby (approx. $1000 return, daily flights)
- Brisbane – Vanimo – Brisbane via Port Moresby (approx. $1200 return, daily flights)
- Brisbane – Vanimo – Sydney via Port Moresby (approx. $1400 return, selected days
(Flight prices are an estimate and subject to change at the time of booking. Group rates available. Air fares include 30kg baggage allowance + surfboards/ dive equipment)
- PRICE from AUD$1790 per person + flights (Nov./ Dec./ Apr.)
- PRICE from AUD$1990 per person + flights (Jan. – Mar.)
- Flights from approx. AUD$1000 return (to/from Cairns/ Brisbane/ Sydney)